SEASONAL INGREDIENT STUDY NO.6:
Aren't I clever? I know full well that this dish isn't pasta, but I couldn't resist. Sadly, this is our last zucchini study. Zucchini can be utilized in so many ways, we hope the way used one of my summer favorites got your creative juices flowing. Today, I am introducing zucchini as an alternative to carbs. I love pasta and would eat it daily if I didn't loathe the added pounds that come with it. Who doesn't love pasta? It is easy and quick dinner solution. Not to mention pasta is delicious and it usually involves cheese, A++. This Zucchini Linguine was not at all time consuming and I topped it off with cheese, so all in all it is a winner. Did I mention it is gluten-free?
TOTAL PREP & COOK TIME: APPROXIMATELY 25 MINUTES
- 3 fresh zucchini (or more depending on the number of guests)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast (for crunch, optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- chopped basil leaves
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of chopped shallot
- thin sliced grana padano cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- fresh ground pepper
- olive oil to saute
- Chop the shallots, garlic cloves, and basil leaves. With a peeler create zucchini ribbons. Then slice the ribbons into long and lean linguine-style strings.
- Drizzle olive oil in pan. With burner on medium-high heat saute the zucchini, garlic, shallots, and basil. Let them mingle a bit then add lemon juice, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Saute until the aroma creates a grumble in your stomach.
- Plate and top with your cheese preference.
Voilà, easiest thing ever!