Not much needs to be said about this recipe. Just the fact that you don't have to chop them into tiny little pieces is a huge time saver. They are insanely delicious (and aren't they beautiful?), so we recommend you make extra. They're really that good. Even the kids will eat their veggies!
Based on recipe by PureWow.
Serves 4. Duration: 45 min.
- 2 bunches of carrots, peeled with tops trimmed
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped into 8 wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium baking dish, toss the carrots with the onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the red-wine vinegar, cumin, thyme, salt and pepper to combine. Pour the mixture over the carrots and onions; toss gently to coat.
- Roast until the carrots and onions are tender and browning at the edges, approximately 30 to 35 minutes. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh thyme. Serve warm.